“Make a Child Smile”
donation in memory of Julie Gobin
Chino Valley Fire Foundation 8th Annual Car and Bike Show:
The car show is open to all makes and models of American and Foreign, Classic and Collector Vehicles. All net proceeds from this event will go to the Chino Valley Fire Foundation. Car registration opens at 8am. Early registration is $25, Registration on the day of the event is $30, VIP registration is $50, Platinum registration is $100.
The Chino Valley Fire Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting life, safety, and welfare of the public through educational programs, direct assistance, and financial support of charitable organizations, victims of tragic events, and injured firefighters.
About the Foundation
The Chino Valley Fire Foundation and various community members came together in 1994 with the common goal of helping people during difficult times while promoting a range of fire and life safety messages to the residents of Chino, Chino Hills, and surrounding unincorporated areas. Several programs, including the Make a Child Smile programs, Adopt a Family, Champ Camp sponsorship, Risk Watch, and Spark of Love Toy Drive are sponsored by the foundation.
Adopt a Family
This program makes funds available to families that have suffered personal tragedy, such as an unexpected death or a fire-related loss, and need immediate assistance to make it through a difficult time.
Fire and Life Safety
The Fire and Life Safety program targets first and second graders within the Chino Valley Unified School District and offers a variety of safety messages that focus on the top eight areas that cause the highest numbers of death and injuries among school-age children. Instruction focuses on:
- Motor vehicle safety
- Fire and burn prevention
- Choking, suffocation, and strangulation prevention
- Poisoning prevention
- Falls prevention
- Firearms injury prevention
- Bike and pedestrian safety
- Water safety
The Make a Child Smile family of programs includes:
- Camp Delivery- The Fire Foundation sponsors children to attend the Fire & Burn Foundation's Embers of Hope camp. The camp offers burn survivors the opportunity to interact and form friendships with other children that are also burn survivors.
- Code Three Delivery - Children are identified and preselected by the Chino Valley Unified School District to participate in this program. The Foundation provides funding for those children to shop with a uniformed Firefighter or Police Officer before Christmas. This program has grown from 35 children in 2001 to 100 children today.
- Senior Delivery - This program is a special luncheon for senior citizens that is served by Chino Valley Fire District firefighters at the Chino Senior Center and Chino Hills Community Building. Entertainment and raffle prizes keep the party going.
- Spark of Love Christmas Toy Drive - Toys are collected at all fire stations and our administration offices from the community and distributed to local charities.
- Special Delivery - This program offers a cash donation to the Chino Neighborhood House during the holidays.
- School Delivery - This program offers a cash donation to the Chino Valley Unified School District's CARE program over the holidays.
The Foundation relies on the generous donations from our major sponsors, in addition to the generosity of numerous businesses and individuals within our community. If you are interested in donating to any of these programs, you may do so by making your donation through PayPal.