Powerful storms bringing heavy rainfall and cold temperatures are forecasted in the Chino Valley beginning Thursday, February 23, through Saturday, February 25, 2023.
Chino Valley Fire encourages you to prepare before the storm by picking up sand and sandbags at one of our fire stations.
Properly placed sandbags are an effective way to prevent or reduce floodwater damage because they can act as a barrier to divert moving water away from your home.
The Fire District, in partnership with the cities we serve, offers 25 sandbags and sand at no cost to Chino Valley residents. Sandbags and sand are available 24/7 at the following fire stations:
- Fire Station 61—5078 Schaefer Avenue, Chino
- Fire Station 62—5551 Butterfield Road, Chino Hills
- Fire Station 63—7550 Kimball Avenue, Chino
- Fire Station 64—16231 Canon Lane, Chino Hills
- Fire Station 67—5980 Riverside Drive, Chino
Chino Valley Fire also reminds residents not to drive around marked flood barricades or into floodwater. Most cars can be swept away in as little as 18-24 inches of moving water. If you encounter a flooded road, turn around and find an alternate route.