The largest department of Chino Valley Fire is emergency services, which is responsible for emergency medical services, fire suppression, mitigation of disasters, and rescue activities.
ABOUT THE EMERGENCY SERVICES DIVISION
The emergency services department is overseen by the emergency services deputy chief and is comprised of three shifts (A, B, C). Suppression staff work 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Each day there is a shift battalion chief and 32 suppression personnel on duty responding to over 12,000 emergency and non-emergency calls per year from seven medic engines, four paramedic squads, one ladder truck, and a shift battalion chief unit. Technical teams within the emergency services division include:
- Hazardous Materials Response Team
- Urban Search and Rescue
- Confined Space Rescue
- Swift Water Rescue
- Fire Investigation
Suppression personnel also provide a wide range of services to the community, including weed abatement inspections, commercial inspections, tours of fire stations and apparatus, and fire and life safety presentations to all segments of the population we serve.
FIREFIGHTER DUTIES & SERVICES
The firefighters that make up Chino Valley Fire’s Emergency Services department do much more than just put out fires. They are trained professionals that provide a variety of services. Below is a brief overview of how we are serving you.
- Provide care and treatment for emergency medical incidents, including advanced medical care.
- Respond to traffic accidents where we can stabilize vehicles, extricate trapped patients, provide advanced medical care, request and coordinate the arrival of an air ambulance, and mitigate hazardous material spills, such as fuel.
- Respond to fires, hazardous materials incidents, aircraft and railroad emergencies, swift water rescues, drowning incidents, down power lines, multi-casualty incidents, and many more calls for service.
- Perform non-emergency service calls, such as assisting with flooded buildings and homes.
- Provide stand-by medical support at large events within the Chino Valley.
- Perform fire safety inspections at various businesses.
- Conduct fire investigations to determine the cause and origin.
- Conduct and/or assist with fire and life safety presentations.
- Give free fire station tours upon request.