Chino Valley Fire District reminds residents that fireworks of any kind are prohibited in Chino Hills and unincorporated county areas. State Fire Marshal approved “Safe and Sane” fireworks are allowed in Chino, except in the area south of Pine Avenue and the area east of Euclid Avenue to Hellman Avenue, between Merrill and Kimball Avenue.
“Safe and Sane” fireworks do not fly or blow up and are registered with the California State Fire Marshal as a “Safe and Sane” firework. In the city of Chino, these fireworks can only be used or possessed in residential areas from noon on July 1 through midnight July 4, and not on school grounds, parking lots, commercial areas, or parks.
Reporting Illegal Fireworks
The Chino Valley Fire District, Chino Police Department, and Chino Hills Police Department will be enforcing zero tolerance for illegal fireworks. The penalty for using illegal fireworks is up to a $1,000 fine and up to one year in jail. Parents/guardians will be held liable for any fire suppression costs, damages or injuries caused by their children’s use of fireworks.
Chino residents can report the use of illegal fireworks to law enforcement by calling 909-628-1234. Chino Hills and County residents can report the use of fireworks to law enforcement at 909-465-6837.
No Penalty for Turning in Fireworks
Fireworks can be turned in to the Fire District with no penalty at Fire Administration, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Fire Administration is located at 14011 City Center Drive, Chino Hills.
Helpful Tips for “Safe and Sane” Fireworks
- Always read and follow the directions
- Have an adult supervise all fireworks activities
- Buy from a permitted fireworks vendor
- Ignite fireworks outside and have a water source available
- Never experiment with fireworks, modify fireworks or try to make fireworks of your own
- Ignite fireworks one at a time
- Never reignite malfunctioning fireworks
- Store unused fireworks in a cool, dry place
- Never throw fireworks or carry them in your pocket
Contact Public Information Officer Massiel Ladron De Guevara at (909) 315-8816 with any questions regarding this news release.
Click here to download a printable version of this news release